Tuesday 5 February 2008

Poem: Close Your Eyes

" Close Your Eyes "

Like the day always sinks into the night.

The winds and the wolves howl for sadness tonight.

The moon calls for love and blood alike.

I can hear the shadows whispering as the dance around street lights.

My heart is truly emptied as you finally close your eyes.

You asked if I love you, and I said yes I do.

Your face shone so brightly then you said I love you.

You asked me if can it and I said you are not going to lose.

Then the pain cut through your body and there was nothing, nothing I could do.

You said I must be brave, be strong, be your warrior knight.

There is one thing your love must give me, please close my eyes.

I held you close to me, as you slowly fell asleep.

You are in a land of peace, a dreamland. No more pain to fight.

My heart was torn to pieces, on the blackened howling night.

I miss you so very deeply, my soul quakes for you.

I can not seem to find my way, without you in my life.

My tears are full of sadness and my heart is full of whys.

If there is a god out there then give the answer tonight.

Why did you take her, why did they have to die.

Why do we suffer so, only to get peace as we finally close our eyes.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.