Monday 10 March 2008

Poem: A Teacher's After Thought

" A Teacher's After Thought "

Straight line, straight line.

Better travel in a straight line.

Do not waver, do not falter.

Not unless you reach the end.

Hey, I am going to kill myself working twenty hour days.

Hey, why don't I kill myself just to what it might be like.

Can not do that, I have got thirty student test to mark.

Slowly, slowly declining.

The light ebbing away in the western sky.

Orange glow fading into pinpoints of twinkling light perforating the young night.

Coffee and biscotti by my side.

Paper work only half done, long night, long night.

Packet of cigarettes in the draw will make it alright.

Hey, I am going to kill myself teaching thirty student's their A B C's.

Hey, why don't I kill myself just to see what there could be.

Light up a cigarette, friends say I will die of lung cancer.

Funny comment that, I mean.

Most of them die from drinking and driving.

I do not drink, funny that.

Hey, I am going to kill myself, thinking over and over that is me.

Hey, forget that thought.

I have a date with a beautiful lady.

By the way I am not a teacher. I am a cafe owner.

How could that be, how could that be.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.