Wednesday 26 March 2008

Poem: I'm Looking Back

" I'm Looking Back "

I am looking back, to a time when I was untarnished.

Looking back to a time when being a child was not such a struggle.

Time went on and on.

Life was always good even when it was bad.

A child's mind, fresh air, lots and lots of room to play.

Play the games we invented until dark, all day.

Colours, oh the colours.

Always bright, always full even the blacks and grays.

Music was such magic.

Sounds and words would and could fly.

All we had to do is close our eyes.

And soar and glide with them away.

I am looking back.

To a time when your friends were closer then brothers and sisters.

When skin colour was nothing and, rich and poor were the same.

Looking back, as child's eyes and mind.

Tripped over a crack in the footpath, scarped my knee.

Down the creek for world war three mud-fight.

Come home, get yelled at by my parents.

But it did not matter, it was such a great day.

Oh look at that, that eagle soaring high in the beautiful sky.

Speed down the hill on my push-bike.

Like some crazed maniac on LSD.

Going fast, such a trip when you are a child.

I am looking back, looking back.

When I was so small and the world was so so big.

Full of magic and mystery.

It could go on forever, forever and a day.

I am feeling my life going on for miles and miles.

When I was a child.

Looking back, looking back to a time.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.