Thursday 13 December 2007

Poem: Weight

" Weight "

This weight.

This overbearing weight.

Why do I carry it, maintain it.

Each year it grinds me down.

Yet I bear it.

Am I punishing myself.

For darkness I have done and bathed in.

Each year, each month, each week, each day.

It crushes me.

Each hour, each minute, each second.

It grinds me.

It robs me and yet I hold it.

I could easily free myself from it.

Unshackle, unburden myself.

Yet I do not do it.

Is it fear.

Is it the unknown.

Is it silence.

What is it.

A mystery to me.

Yet I keep it.

Weight.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.