Thursday 13 December 2007

Poem: Expectations

" Expectations "

You lent me forty dollars, you knew I couldn't pay you back all at once.

I will give twenty dollars this week and twenty the next.

You are a fool to believe I could have paid you back all at once.

Your expectations were wrong.

You decided to have sex with one of my friends.

Do not try to deceive me, I see through your lies.

You thought that it would be ok and you could just walk out the door.

Do not be such a moron, your expectations were wrong.

You are going to get before I even look at that fucking door.

Expectations, expectations.

People always have expectations.

They expect this, they expect that.

How many among us have their expectations crushed.

We whine and we cry.

We shout, scream and complain.

What for and why.

Our expectations were wrong.

I expected to have a normal childhood.

I expected to have a loving partner.

I expected to have a decent job.

I expected to have a comfortable life.

My expectations were wrong.

Twenty-three almost twenty-four.

I Cherish what I have.

maybe I will add to it or maybe lose the lot.

I shall take it as it comes.

Feel no loss when it goes.

I have learnt all my lessons.

My expectations are finally and completely gone.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.