Thursday 13 December 2007

Poem: Daddy Remembers

" Daddy Remembers "

There is a portrait of you in the lounge room.

The drawings and paintings you done plastered all over my bedroom.

Your cups and dishes are still in the kitchen.

When I look at them, I get lost within their lines.

When I look at them, I lose all track of time.

When I look at them, I see you.

The truth of your being, the truth of you not being.

Why did you have to go.

It is so unfair.

Why did you have to leave.

I know it is not your choice.

I guess I will never know.

I guess I will never believe.

If I call out your name and say it clear.

Will it reach you, will you hear.

I know you will always be by my side.

I know you will always be near.

I know but it is not the same.

I laugh at the things you do.

They are only memories.

I smile to hear your voice.

It is only a memory.

You are not in my life.

I am drowning, can not fight the tide.

Yes I remember you play and your cheeky little grin.

Yes I remember you in my arms at night.

Frighten as the thunder storms draw near.

You giggled and laughed, felt safe cause I was there.

It has overwhelmed me.

No light, no colours, they are all gone.

No light, no colours, they are gone from your eyes.

I could not keep you safe this time.

Though I held you in my arms so tight.

I hear the words you last said to me.

I hear them so Crystal clear.

I remember your warm breathe and sound of you sleeping.

Drowning in this life, drowning cause I don't understand.

Drowning cause I do not know, drowning I can't believe.

I remember your time, so short it had been.

I remember your laugh, your smile and your tears.

I remember your paintings and your scraped knees.

I remember the last night, I remember it in tears.

I know you are in a peaceful place now.

No more fear, no more pain and no more tears.

I remember, will always remember.

Will never forget, forget you.

I remember, daddy remembers.

Remembers you teddy bear.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.