Thursday 13 December 2007

Poem: I Don't Want To Be

" I Don't Want to Be "

Maestro can you read me another story.

Can you chase away my screams.

No don't ever let my dream.

I don't want to dream, sleep.

I remember when I was child.

Playing was not for fun but to survive.

Working hard and long.

Blood on my hands.

Blood on my feet.

Years go by and by.

Change the place.

Days of school.

Not belonging anywhere.

Not being in.

Drinking and drugs.

fighting and crimes.

Violence for sake of nothing.

At least when I was young.

The consequences were not so great.

I don't want to be.

Responsibility, what is that.

Grow up and die.

Be young and die.

I don't want to be.

Climb a mountain.

Fly into space.

Learn all knowledge.

One day to have pleasant dreams.

Closed the door to my fears.

Encase them in steel and concrete.

Lock my heart away.

In solitary, never to see the light of day.

I guess I don't want.

Don't want to be me.

By Syrbastyian Vzampfyier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.