Saturday 31 October 2009

Toeic Books



A colleague of mine , Emiko Matsumoto 松本恵美子, at Nichibei Eigo Gakuin Shibuya school 日米英語学院渋谷校 has been working on some Toeic books for the listening and reading parts of the Toeic test. 

Ms. Emiko Matsumoto asked me if I could help with the books by checking the English for grammar, structure, vocabulary use and naturalness.

I was only too happy to do this for her because I had never done this type of book editing work before and also if someone who is going to write something to be publish I want me to help, I will assist them in any way I can.

So now the books are finished. 

The titles of the books are:

新TOEIC TEST 必達 550点 「リスニング編」 

新TOEIC TEST 必達 550点 「リーディング編」

or in Roman letters:

shin TOEIC TEST  hittatsu 550 ten" "Listening hen"

shin TOEIC TEST  hittatsu 550 ten" "Reading hen"

They are being published by Nippon Nikkei Keizai Shimbunsha 日本日系経済新聞社.
They will be on sale at book stores throughout Japan on the 22nd of November 2009, Sunday
The price will be 945yen each and there is a web-site in which you will be able to download the listening material and some other things as well.

I enjoyed doing this work very much and I hope that the books sell well, so you guys out there BUY A COPY even it you do not need one. Want a signed copy, then hey, get a copy and I will sign it and more importantly I will ask Emiko, the author, to sign it as well.

In all seriousness though, I believe that if you are studying for the Toeic test, interested in taking the test, or know someone you is, then you should get these books or recommend the books to the people you know; these books will help you to get a higher score in the Toeic test.

I am proud of the work done and hope that more work like this will follow. 

I would very much like to thank Emiko for asking for my help. I enjoy the work quite a lot. Also I am humble by the fact that Emiko had my name put on the front cover of the books under her name. This is a great honour, a wonderful surprise and I am full of gratitude.

Eventually I hope to be writing my own material but probably not text books but poetry or stories (fiction and non-fiction), then again I think that all my years of teaching have given me something to write about in a text book that may benefit people who wish to develop and improve their English communication skills. 

I have included some photographs of the (possible) covers. The covers will look something similar to these photos. My apologies for the low quality of the photographs, I took them with my mobile phone.

There you have it. That is what I have been doing recently. 

Buy a copy, it will make you feel good about yourself, lol.



Syrbastyian (Amaya) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be completely and utterly open and honest. Say what you truly think and believe NOT what others think or believe. Please do not write a one line comment. If you are going to say something then SAY SOMETHING with that encompasses you.